Someone created the Star Wars Personality Test, based on the Myers–Briggs Type Inventory.
And I am, of course …
It’s great to have my own theme music, although typing with gloves on isn’t easy. And of course I’m always concerned about running out of oxygen.
The next logical sci-fi question: What Star Trek character is my personality? (This isn’t all about me, by the way, unlike this, because 40 to 45 percent of the population is said to be in the SJ, or “guardian,” category.) There’s a website for that too:
You share a basic personality configuration with William Riker and B’Elanna Torres.
People like you are generally quick decision makers, organized and efficient. Your personality is charismatic, friendly and energetic, but you take life seriously and can be a little opinionated on your own turf. You’re extremely outspoken when you feel you’re in the right. You have great trouble dealing with people who are dishonest and/or disorderly.
You’re highly productive, realistic and sensible. Somewhat of a traditionalist, you’re distrustful of new and untested ideas, and you’re more than a little blunt telling others how you feel about them, or about whatever other faults you see. When you give a compliment, however, you mean it.
Your primary goal in life is doing the right thing, and being in charge. Your reward is to be appreciated by others and have your opinion respected. You also enjoy having others willingly follow your orders.
Good careers for your type include being a command officer, pharmacist, teacher, and personnel manager.
Well, Riker has a beard (after the first season) and plays a horn (though a trombone, not a trumpet).
Captain Kirk, by the way, is an ENFP (“champion”), while his successor, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, is an INTJ (“mastermind”). Deep Space Nine’s Commander Benjamin Sisko is an INFJ (“counselor”), and Captain Kathryn Janeway is an ESFP (“performer”). Spock is an ISTJ (“inspector”), Dr. McCoy is an ESFJ (“provider”), Dr. Crusher and Commander Chakotay are an ISFJ (“protector”), engineers Scott and Geordi LaForge are an ESTP (“promoter”), Counselor Troi is an ENFJ (“teacher”), and Worf is an INTP (“architect”).
- Princess Leia Organa from Star Wars (listed as an ENTJ on the first site)
- Lucy van Pelt from Peanuts
- J. Jonah Jameson from Spider-Man
- Alucard from Hellsing
- V from V for Vendetta
- Freddy from The Dreamer
- Richard Nixon from Nixon
- Lisa Cuddy from House
- Det. Elliot Stabler from Law & Order: Special Victims Unit
- Stan Smith American Dad!
- Fire Lord Ozai from Avatar: The Last Airbender
- Carolyn Burnham from American Beauty
- Dolores Umbridge from Harry Potter
- Jake Hoyt from Training Day
- Commodore James Norrington from Pirates of the Caribbean
- Captain Jack Aubrey from Master and Commander
- Wyatt Earp from Tombstone
- Peter Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia
- Violet, the Dowager Countess of Grantham from Downton Abbey
- Soldier from Team Fortress 2
- Det. Richie Roberts from American Gangster
- Joe Swanson from Family Guy
- Jack Valentine from Lord of War
- Wade Gustafson from Fargo
- Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- Color-Sergeant Borne from Zulu
- Sarge from Red vs. Blue
- Peter Burke from White Collar
- Aral Vorkosigan from Vorkosigan Saga
- Roy Greenhilt and Miko Miyazaki from The Order of the Stick
- Katie from the second generation of Skins
- Ike from Fire Emblem Tellius
- Aaron Hotchner from Criminal Minds
- Wolf Boss from Kung Fu Panda 2
- Damian Wayne (Robin V) from Batman
- Umi from Magic Knight Rayearth
- Chalky Studebaker from Doug
- Gene Kranz from Apollo 13
- Samuel Gerard from The Fugitive
- Miranda Lawson from the Mass Effect video game triology
- Mr. Herriman from Foster’s Home for Imaginary Friends
- Aoz Roon from Helliconia Spring
- Evanora from Oz: The Great and Powerful
- Tiana from The Princess and the Frog
- Lahey from Trailer Park Boys
- Aubrey from Pitch Perfect
- Flynn Scifo from Tales of Vesperia
- Matilda from Last Scenario
- Mike Wazowski from Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University
- Courtney and Jo from Total Drama
- (Anime) Rei Hino/Sailor Mars from Sailor Moon
- Kristy Thomas from The Babysitters Club
I recognize only a few of these. Captain Aubrey is great. (“Master and Commander” is a movie that should have been a series.)
So is Gene Kranz:
Jake Hoyt is the younger of the two cops in “Training Day,” apparently related in personality to Detective Stabler in “Law & Order: SVU,” Supervisory Special Agent Hotchner on “Criminal Minds,” and Marshal Earp. Sam Gerard is the U.S. marshal from the movies “The Fugitive” and “U.S. Marshals,” as opposed to Lt. Philip Gerard from the TV series “The Fugitive.”
Mike is the small, one-eyed monster. (I am part-Polish, but I am neither green nor one-eyed nor short.) Wade Gustafson is the father-in-law who gets killed, but then in “Fargo” nearly everyone gets killed. The Fire Lord of “Avatar: The Last Airbender” is not to be confused with any character on the other “Avatar” movie.
5 thoughts on “Never have I read anything so appropriate”